Sunday, June 12, 2011

#Mamavation Monday - Ineligible

next week's goal - 17 miles
Hi girls! How was your week? Mine was good! Kind of a blur actually, it went by pretty fast. I have continued walking every evening after I get off work, and surpassed my goal of 9.62 miles that I set last week! My total hit 10.46 miles. My goal for next week is to hit a total of 17 miles on my Nike GPS app. I love this app, it shows where I have walked, my speeds, and love that it posts to Facebook when I begin to walk. Every comment or like that I get on the status update sends through a sound of a cheering crowd in my headphones. Awesome encouragement!

I also applied for health insurance at the beginning of this week. I was actually pretty confident in obtaining coverage, but unfortunately received this reply...

Wow. I had no idea I would be denied health insurance because of my weight. I was expecting not to receive coverage on my Ulcerative Colitis because it is a pre-existing condition, but to be completely denied. That hit hard. I need a 6 month long boot camp... I have got to get to a healthy BMI/weight so i can get health insurance. I worry so much every time there is a new pain or sickness that I am faced with. It's not cheap to go to the doctor. 

On a brighter side, the walking and calorie counting I have been doing lately is paying off. My weight did not change this week but my clothes are more loose fitting and I have had much more energy (besides the cold I battled earlier in the week).
269.0

I am getting ready to go out of town for the evening with my sister and her church group so I am cutting this short! See you all at Mamavation TV tomorrow night!

9 comments:

Rachel (@rachhabs) said...

I had this all typed out once & while trying to say goodnight to one of the kidlets accidentally hit the close button .. so let's try this again!

I am so sorry about your response from the insurance company! That is awful. I know first hand how you feel. When I was pregnant with Aiden I was denied life insurance because I weighed too much for my height, well duh I was six months pregnant w. my third child! I still hadn't ditched all of the baby weight the other two "blessed" me with! :) It was so hard being told I was too fat to be worth life insurance. I also know first hand what it is like to live everyday with UC. It's not an easy thing, and to also deal with the stress of not having insurance doesn't make that any easier. Know that I am praying for you!

I am so proud of you for not only meeting but EXCEEDING your walking goal this week! YAH! So proud of you! I love seeing your walking updates on facebook. Know that even though I don't always "like" or comment that I am at all times in your corner cheering you on & supporting you!

Hope you have a fabulous week this week!!

gretablau said...

That has to hurt. I'm so sorry. Does it motivate you? I'm here for you whatever you need to get the weight off and get that health coverage. Seriously. Hit me up.

XO

MNMSpecial said...

I love seeing your walks go live on FB. I'll have to cheer you on more knowing what it does. I'm wishing you the best of luck with your weight loss. I never realized insurance was like that because my husband is a federal employee I couldn't be denied, but now I know I can never let him quit.

Hang in there. You can do it.

Anonymous said...

That sucks about insurance, but you're taking steps (haha) to lose weight and get healthy.
I'm so proud of you for walking the extra miles! You're ROCKING it!

Jenn of PersonalFitCoach.com said...

Hang in there Kimberly. I know you are working hard to move in the right direction. Hopefully you are using this as new fuel to fire your desire to meet your goals. You WILL get there!

MrsFatass said...

Oh man. I'm stunned too. That just doesn't seem right now does it?

Lisa said...

The insurance game is hard. And painful to the pocket book. Glad to hear that you're feeling differences this week even if there wasn't a change in the numbers. Keep up the good work!

Andrea Kruse said...

Not cool... sorry to hear about that. I constantly battle insurance for my kiddos rare condition, and know they love to deny. Channel this frustration into yourself. I know you can keep losing. Wish you the best and a great week.

kia said...

Wow, that is eye opening. Does your employer subsidize or offer incentives for health metrics. I know you mentioned access to workout gear but beyond that? I want to see you kick that ineligible designation to the curb.