Friday, December 24, 2010

Why I want to be a #Mamavation Mom - Final Day 10 - Just for me.

image from woodchips.com
See Days 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Day 10 - My children are still very young. However, they are not so young that they take up every minute of my free time like I try to let on. It's time I start focusing on me. More time planning meals, for me, more time planning activity, for me. I know it is great to get the whole family involved in all of these things, and in time, that will come. But I need to get myself to a state of mind where taking care of myself is routine, a way of life. Then I am sure it will pass on to my children and husband. I want to be a Mamavation Mom so I, yes I, can start feeling better about myself, and shop where I want to shop, and be a good example for my children. I already feel a little selfish, but that is the state of mind I need to get out of. Moms, it is not selfish for us to want something only for ourselves. My something is to be healthy. And if I selfishly want this bad enough for myself, it will eventually be for them as well.

If you want to show your support, please tweet the following, or head on over to the Mamavation Facebook page and let Leah, @bookieboo know that I inspire you!

"Hey @bookieboo! I want @christlikemommy to be the next #Mamavation" Mom. She has my support! http://bit.ly/zqUxa"

No comments: