Thursday, April 22, 2010

Edamame, Eggplant, and Spaghetti Squash...

My grocery day is normally Friday. So, while making out our budget and grocery list today, I noticed we had some extra money (thanks to hubby working some overtime), so I figured I would experiment this week with 3 veggies I have never tried before...


  1. Eggplant - I am not sure I have even seen one of these in real life! I found a few recipes I would like to try, namely, Eggplant Parmigiana.
  2. Spaghetti Squash - My mom says we used to eat this when I was little, but I don't really remember it. I am planning on using it as a substitute for pasta, and finding a low-cal, low-sodium recipe for spaghetti sauce.
  3. Edamame - (is that considered a veggie?) Anyway, I was told this stuff is super high in protein. I am trying to cut back on red meat, (especially after seeing the latest episode of Law and Order: SVU), so I thought instead of subbing another unhealthy meat I would try the veggie approach. I have no recipes, or any clue whatsoever on how to eat this, so suggestions are welcome!
Stay tuned for my adventures in cooking (and eating!) these veggies! Can't be too bad, right?
Thanks for reading! :)

No comments: