Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Worry

Philippians 4:6-7 (New King James Version)

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
I worry too much. Most of the time the worry is about things that I cannot change. I worry about things that are far off in the future, I worry about things that are in the past. (Right now, I am worried that nobody will read this post when I really want it to be read!)
Recently, I have been worrying about family members of mine who seem to be back on the path of destruction. The path they follow no longer leads to God, but to their own wants and pleasures.
My awesome husband pointed out to me, a commentary on the scripture from Matthew Chapter 6 from his Dake's Annotated Reference Bible (A commentary KJV Bible by Finnis Drake).
Here is a short excerpt of the commentary:
"Quit worrying, because it is:
  1. Sinful and produces fear
  2. A disease causing other ills
  3. Borrowing trouble that canot be paid back
  4. Brooding over what may not happen
  5. Creating trouble, misery, death
  6. A burden borrowed from tomorrow and others who should carry it
  7. Weight that kills prematurely
  8. Mental and Physical Suicide
  9. A grave-digger that has no sympathy
  10. Needless and wastes time"
and the last one...
"20. Worry is foolish, for whatever is going to happen cannot be stopped by worry;and if it doesn't happen there is nothing to worry about, should adversities actually come, one may still be victorious by trusting in GOD."


So, after reading that (and praying) I have decided not to worry, but pray. I am putting my trust in God, and believing that these family members will realize what they are doing is wrong, and turn back to the path of righteousness.


Proverbs 12:28 (NKJV)

28 In the way of righteousness is life,
And in its pathway there is no death.

No comments: