Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bible Verse of the Week - Be Still...

Psalm 46:10 (New King James Version)

Be still, and know that I am God;
         I will be exalted among the nations,
         I will be exalted in the earth! 


Be still...

This verse has been ringing in my ears this afternoon. Today was Pastor's Appreciation Day at my church, and it seemed like everything was rush-rushed all morning. I realized when I got home, that I didn't leave much time for God this morning. Sure, I went to church, sang along with the hymns, sang a song for my pastor and then listened to the sermon. But the whole time my mind was racing! The actual appreciation service was to take place at the end of the church service and I was concentrating on how it would play out.


How many times do we go through our day and have so much on our minds that we fail to be still, and give him praise, or thanksgiving? I am so guilty today. I had to apologize to God, I was more caught up in what was going on around me at church than what was going on in me. This week, let's take time to be still, no matter what is going on around us, and know that He is God!

No comments: