Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Homeschool Preparation - Ack!

I have been vigorously researching homeschooling curriculum, styles, etc. for the past few weeks. I have checked out lots of homeschooling books from the library. It is a little overwhelming! I am not sure what is going to work for us, but seeing as I work out of home part time I think that we are going to go with more of a school-at-home approach. I have been looking at a lot of different curriculum packages. Just to name a few; AlphaOmega: Horizons Preschool, Calvert School Pre-Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum, and because it is so cost effective, ABC Home Preschool for 4 to 6 year olds. I am very new to this, my sister and I both attended public school and I am only really familiar with one homeschooling family (who I, might I add, absolutely LOVE!) I guess I am mainly concerned with finding a schedule that works for us, and it seems the curricula I listed all have a "schedule" already made out for the users. We have been doing some informal homeschooling from some workbooks I bought at BAM. But starting in August or September I would like to start a formal homeschool program with Little Bear so he is fully prepared for "Kindergarten".  

I would love to hear some feedback and/or advice!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Blog hopping from D-listers. I'm pregnant with my first and totally hope to homeschool down the road!

For the last few years I have volunteered with a homeschool co-op called First Class Homeschool Ministries. Google the website, you should find some helpful info :)

-Gretchen
www.thatmamagretchen.blogspot.com

Kimberly @shrinkingkimberwls said...

Wow, Thanks Gretchen! I found a Co-Op about 45 minutes from here! How exciting! Thanks again!

Dani said...

Blog-Hop from Seeds of Faith ifellowship... We were more eclectic during the preschool stage... but used a lot of fantastic materials. I'll send you an email with the information. :)