Monday, May 10, 2010

Bible Verse of the Week - Where are your treasures?

I posted a question on Facebook today. "Kimberly wonders how people who base their happiness only on their possessions really stay happy?" It seems that all around us people have to have the latest cell phone, biggest house or nicest vehicle to be happy. But are they truly happy? I have been troubled lately because I hear of friends that just have to have this or that, but I know they are lacking the most important necessity. Jesus. 

A good friend of mine, Jenny,  who has been in my life on and off for, well, forever, quoted a verse out of the Bible; 

"Matthew 6:21 - (NKJV) - For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Are your only treasures here on earth? Is your heart dedicated 
to this world and all it has to offer? If so, ask yourself why?
 OR
Are you laying up treasures for your home above? The home where one day 
you will spend eternity. I plan on spending my eternity with Jesus Christ. 

So think about it this week. Are you letting your material possessions capture your heart, or is Christ the sole capture? Because at the end of this life, you can't take those material possessions with you. And if that is all you have based your life and your happiness on, then what will YOU be left with? 

Have a blessed week! 

1 comment:

cfoxes33 said...

What a great post! I appreciate your insight.